Krungthai Bank resists
From Manager, February 4, 2014
Sign on the wall: Krung Thai Bank
The Bird: Ai Tong is coming to pester about borrowing again!!!
Caption: The Bird of Paradise is damned.
[This shows the symbol of Krung Thai Bank, called Wayipak in Thai, hiding behind the wall. Usually the bird is in the circle on the wall.
“Tong” is nickname of the Caretaker Finance Minister Kittirat na Ranong. The caretaker government has been desperately attempting to secure loans from banks to pay rice farmers in the rice pledging scheme. Thai banks, however, seem to have adopted a united front in resisting government pressure to make loan.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally