Krungthai Bank resists
From Manager, February 4, 2014
Sign on the wall: Krung Thai Bank
The Bird: Ai Tong is coming to pester about borrowing again!!!
Caption: The Bird of Paradise is damned.
[This shows the symbol of Krung Thai Bank, called Wayipak in Thai, hiding behind the wall. Usually the bird is in the circle on the wall.
“Tong” is nickname of the Caretaker Finance Minister Kittirat na Ranong. The caretaker government has been desperately attempting to secure loans from banks to pay rice farmers in the rice pledging scheme. Thai banks, however, seem to have adopted a united front in resisting government pressure to make loan.]
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX