[“Khun Chai” is term used in place of “M.R.” (which stands for “Mom Rajawongse,” often rendered in English as “The Honourable”).
“Moo” is a nickname of the current Bangkok Governor, M.R. Sukhumphan Bariphat.
“Tharit” is the General Director of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI).
“Judy” is a nickname of Pol. Gen. Pongsapas Pongcharoen, Deputy Commissioner of the Royal Thai Police and Secretariat of the Narcotic Control Board.
It is speculated that “Judy” will be the Pheu Thai Party’s nominee to run in the upcoming Bangkok Governor election.
So this cartoon shows the DSI, on orders of the government, trying to politically kill the Bangkok Governor in the run-up to election with its legal cases concerning the Skytrain extensions.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party