From Manager, January 4, 2013
Caption: Kick Khun Chai Moo into the poodle’s mouth
Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra: Open you mouth, Judy… Tharit is about to kick it to you.
["Khun Chai" is an address used for "M.R." "Moo" is a nickname of the current Bangkok Governor, M.R. Sukhumphan Bariphat. Tharit is the General Director of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI). "Judy" is a nickname of Pol. Gen. Pongsapas Pongcharoen, Deputy Commissioner of the Royal Thai Police and Secretariat of the Narcotic Control Board. It is speculated that 'Judy' will be the Pheu Thai Party's nominee to run for the coming Bangkok Governor election.
So this cartoon shows the DSI, on orders of the government, is trying to politically kill the Bangkok Governor in the run-up to elections with its legal cases concerning the Skytrain extensions.]
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- Two years Ago: Thailand’s Professional Hitmen and Why They Can’t Be Put in Jail
- Red Protests – May 25-26, 2010
- Chalerm vows Thaksin will be home this year – Behead me if he isn’t, deputy PM tells reds
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- 21 Years Ago: Scrapping the Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Three Years Ago: Snipers on the Skytrain Tracks
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- 21 Years Ago: Black May