A Language in Crisis – ki-media.blogspot.com, August 15, 2011
[This is fascinating, simply for the fact that Thais feel exactly the same way about their language. In the Thai world there is also a mania that exists about "proper" language that includes fears that young people are using new slang words in their speech and misusing the language in some way. The article also refers to the poor state of Khmer dictionaries (another complaint in the Thai word) and the legacy of using non-Unicode fonts in Khmer.]
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006