A Language in Crisis – ki-media.blogspot.com, August 15, 2011
[This is fascinating, simply for the fact that Thais feel exactly the same way about their language. In the Thai world there is also a mania that exists about “proper” language that includes fears that young people are using new slang words in their speech and misusing the language in some way. The article also refers to the poor state of Khmer dictionaries (another complaint in the Thai word) and the legacy of using non-Unicode fonts in Khmer.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting