A Language in Crisis – ki-media.blogspot.com, August 15, 2011
[This is fascinating, simply for the fact that Thais feel exactly the same way about their language. In the Thai world there is also a mania that exists about “proper” language that includes fears that young people are using new slang words in their speech and misusing the language in some way. The article also refers to the poor state of Khmer dictionaries (another complaint in the Thai word) and the legacy of using non-Unicode fonts in Khmer.]
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists