THAILAND: Judiciary affirms that not standing is no crime – IFEX, July 30, 2012
…Despite the outcome of this case, the AHRC would like to express concern about the slow pace at which the prosecutor’s inquiries proceeded. Chotisak and his friend waited over four years for this outcome: the complaint against them was filed in September 2007, and police lodged charges in April 2008, with the case file going to the prosecutor that October. Since then until April 2012, the two accused have daily lived in fear that they would have to face charges in court at any time. By contrast, the prosecutor decided to drop the charges of physical assault brought against Navamintr for his assault of Chotisak in September 2008…
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Bangkok Mass Transit of the Future 2005
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?