Judge Suppresses Statements in Arms Trial – NYT, August 25, 2011
…The judge concluded that, contrary to testimony, the agents had been aware of the Thai police’s refusal after Mr. Bout’s arrest to grant him access to legal counsel and to a representative of the Russian embassy. She also found that the agents’ contention that they would have no further access to him after their initial meeting was “false” and that they were untruthful when they denied insinuating they could take Mr. Bout to the United States immediately if he “cooperated” and waived extradition…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament