From Manager, March 19, 2014
Left caption: Old perception
Man: It’s ok to be corrupt… if you share some with us.
Right caption: Today’s perception
Man: It’s ok to be corrupt and don’t share some with us as long as you give us a clue to win the lottery.
[This refers to polls that have long shown Thais readily accept corruption as long as they also benefit from it.
The left panel refers to the license plate numbers of caretaker PM Yingluck’s cars. The numbers become popular among gamblers when they turned up as winning numbers in the Thai lottery. It is alleged that the lottery was fixed so these numbers would win and generate positive buzz for the prime minister.]
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way