From Manager, March 19, 2014
Left caption: Old perception
Man: It’s ok to be corrupt… if you share some with us.
Right caption: Today’s perception
Man: It’s ok to be corrupt and don’t share some with us as long as you give us a clue to win the lottery.
[This refers to polls that have long shown Thais readily accept corruption as long as they also benefit from it.
The left panel refers to the license plate numbers of caretaker PM Yingluck’s cars. The numbers become popular among gamblers when they turned up as winning numbers in the Thai lottery. It is alleged that the lottery was fixed so these numbers would win and generate positive buzz for the prime minister.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing