From Manager, March 19, 2014
Left caption: Old perception
Man: It’s ok to be corrupt… if you share some with us.
Right caption: Today’s perception
Man: It’s ok to be corrupt and don’t share some with us as long as you give us a clue to win the lottery.
[This refers to polls that have long shown Thais readily accept corruption as long as they also benefit from it.
The left panel refers to the license plate numbers of caretaker PM Yingluck’s cars. The numbers become popular among gamblers when they turned up as winning numbers in the Thai lottery. It is alleged that the lottery was fixed so these numbers would win and generate positive buzz for the prime minister.]
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Matichon comes to its 42nd year
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- Election posters: Looking at you
- No exit
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness
- Unknown as Pheu Thai’s PM pick
- Yingluck kicked out