Israel’s interior minister denies reports he helped spring murderer from Thai prison – haaretz.com, November 14, 2012
Interior Minister Eli Yishai has denied reports that he intervened to obtain the release of an Israeli serving a life sentence in Thailand for murdering his ex-wife.
Eli Cohen Maimon, 45, has been imprisoned in Thailand since 2004 for murdering his ex-wife while the two were vacationing in Bangkok, and then dismembering her body. However, according to a report in Maariv Tuesday, the Thai king recently pardoned Cohen Maimon, who will be able to return to Israel in May 2013, a free man…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Who is the catfish?
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig