New UN internet laws looming – Bangkok Post, October 9, 2012
…The new draft stipulates involvement is mandatory and not voluntary as it is now, possibly forcing amendments to laws and regulations in individual countries.
“Any country disagreeing with this treaty could face sanctions or even have their internet blocked,” said Ms Duangthip.
…”The key question is: will users accept having to pay every time they click on the internet?” said Adirake Patitus, president of the Association of the Thai ICT Industry…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous