New UN internet laws looming – Bangkok Post, October 9, 2012
…The new draft stipulates involvement is mandatory and not voluntary as it is now, possibly forcing amendments to laws and regulations in individual countries.
“Any country disagreeing with this treaty could face sanctions or even have their internet blocked,” said Ms Duangthip.
…”The key question is: will users accept having to pay every time they click on the internet?” said Adirake Patitus, president of the Association of the Thai ICT Industry…
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Beating Opponents
- Chuan rolls out the red carpet for the junta
- Last minute wooing
- Napoleon pig… is in every era
- Fighting for seats
- Spreading the Photo
- Principles distinguish a human from a cockroach
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- The Bangkok bombs
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019