Is Thailand’s Animal Tourism Industry Exploitative? – huffingtonpost.com, December 21, 2012
…The good news is that I returned from Chiang Mai’s “Tiger Kingdom” very much not-killed. The bad news? I found no evidence that definitively confirms or denies the farm’s tigers are being sedated, propaganda publicity leaflets notwithstanding.
Although my subsequent visit to the Samutprakan Crocodile Farm, near Bangkok, left me feeling just an uneasy about the state of animal welfare in Thailand, I’ve stopped short of condemning it outright…
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- 21 Years Ago: Scrapping the Bangkok Land Skytrain
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007
- The Hopewell Project