Is Thai Airways Sixth President since 2000 already gone? – traveldailynews.asia, September 2, 2013
…After sacking Piyasvasti Amranand, a former energy minister, who was the airline’s President from October 2009 to May 2012, the function of Acting President was already assumed by Chokchai Panyayong, by then Vice president in charge of strategy and business development. Last week, Thai Airways Unions asked rather for the resignation of the airline’s chairman Ampon Kittiampon rather than President Sorajak Kasemsuwan. Mr. Kittiampon is a controversial figure. He was criticized last year by media to have pushed Mr. Amranand to resign rather on political motivation than on his real achievements.
Meanwhile, Thai Airways International can pride itself for a new record. The State-owned airline (51% are in the hands of Thailand’s Ministry of Finance) has seen six Presidents from 2000 to 2013!…
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Thaksin wasn’t involved
- Prayuth and Thaksin feel the same way about the media!
- Weekly News Magazines, February 3-17, 2017
- Collapse of State Enterprises
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- This train doesn’t end with reconciliation
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!
- Thai govt subsidies add cars in one of world’s most congested countries
- CIA deputy director linked to torture at Thailand black site