Magazine Available in Myanmar for the First Time – theworld.org, December 14, 2012
…It’s a significant moment for Kyaw Zwa Moe, the English-language editor for the Irrawaddy “I look forward to seeing our readers inside the country reading the Irrawaddy magazine for the first time in public, legally. That will be a very exciting and wonderful moment for me,” he said when I visited him this week at the Irrawaddy’s office in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
And he insists that this new edition keeps the tone that had them banned for so long in Myanmar. “We haven’t changed anything in this issue,” he said. “This is as critical as ever of the government authorities. We try to disclose what we have seen, what we have thought about any issues inside the country…”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out