COMMENTARY: ‘Invisible hand’ throttles Thai democracy – The Nation-Thailand/ANN, June 15, 2011
…Earlier this month, veteran Reuters correspondent Andrew Marshall, a deputy Bureau Chief in Bangkok between 2000 to 2002, who moved to Singapore in 2008, resigned from his post as deputy editor to write about Thailand, the invisible hand and the latest batch of WikiLeaks.
Marshall justified his regretful resignation in order to write honestly on his blog about Thai politics without fear by stating:
“Because of Thailand’s harsh lese majeste, defamation and computer crimes laws, which criminalise telling the truth about powerful figures, it was not possible for Reuters to guarantee the safety of its staff within Thailand if it ran the story…”
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist