Keeping enemies closer – The Nation, May 21, 2011
…A Communist Party activist since his student days at Bangkok’s Thammasat University in the 1940s (when his Thai name was Runglert Laodee and he even briefly worked for the Finance Ministry), Nuon Chea holds firm to his ideology. He still believes that Cambodia would have benefited by being rid of money and social classes, which the Khmer Rouge attempted to do by emptying cities and forcing citizens to work on farming collectives.
However, he says, the movement was undermined by traitors and interference by Vietnam and the US…
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist