International community urged on impunity of “drug war” killers – ALRC, October 6, 2011
…In 2003, the government of Police Lieutenant Colonel Thaksin Shinawatra announced policies of a “War on Drugs” and “War on Influential Persons.” In numerous statements and interviews with various media outlets, the government routinely expressed the sentiment that the use of violence was acceptable. In response, law enforcement and administrative officials responded with haste to produce results and therefore climb to a higher position…
- 12 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing anger and boldness
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- 13 Years Ago: Debating the Sukhothai Stone
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 12 years ago: Going after Akeyuth
- 13 years ago: Mad scramble as Thai police fight for 10 million dollar reward for capturing top al-Qaeda figure
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Prayuth and his elders
- Which charter do the people really want?