International community urged on impunity of “drug war” killers – ALRC, October 6, 2011
…In 2003, the government of Police Lieutenant Colonel Thaksin Shinawatra announced policies of a “War on Drugs” and “War on Influential Persons.” In numerous statements and interviews with various media outlets, the government routinely expressed the sentiment that the use of violence was acceptable. In response, law enforcement and administrative officials responded with haste to produce results and therefore climb to a higher position…
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Traffic Jams in Laos
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Nana Intersection in the Past
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?