India Orders Bayer to License a Patented Drug – NYT, March 12, 2012
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
…Though multilateral agreements on patents allow compulsory licenses for drugs for public health reasons, only a handful of countries, including Brazil and Thailand, have issued such licenses, said Jamie Love, director of Knowledge Ecology International, a Washington group involved with patents and human rights. Most were for AIDS drugs, an area where drug companies have been pressed not to enforce patents.
…India is only the second country, after Thailand, to grant a compulsory license to a cancer drug, Mr. Love said…
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007
- Road to Victory is Red
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Three Years Ago: Burning Bangkok
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- The Hopewell Project
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand