India Orders Bayer to License a Patented Drug – NYT, March 12, 2012
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
…Though multilateral agreements on patents allow compulsory licenses for drugs for public health reasons, only a handful of countries, including Brazil and Thailand, have issued such licenses, said Jamie Love, director of Knowledge Ecology International, a Washington group involved with patents and human rights. Most were for AIDS drugs, an area where drug companies have been pressed not to enforce patents.
…India is only the second country, after Thailand, to grant a compulsory license to a cancer drug, Mr. Love said…
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist