India Orders Bayer to License a Patented Drug – NYT, March 12, 2012
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
…Though multilateral agreements on patents allow compulsory licenses for drugs for public health reasons, only a handful of countries, including Brazil and Thailand, have issued such licenses, said Jamie Love, director of Knowledge Ecology International, a Washington group involved with patents and human rights. Most were for AIDS drugs, an area where drug companies have been pressed not to enforce patents.
…India is only the second country, after Thailand, to grant a compulsory license to a cancer drug, Mr. Love said…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting