[Refers to the ways to write the word ‘Swaddee’ in Thai for each age group.
A perennial Thai preoccupation is how the younger generation are speaking Thai words incorrectly and sometimes creating new ways of writing it.
The 3rd and 4th are examples of the incorrect writing or speaking of the common greeting “swaddee.”
“Skoy language” is slang used by teenagers. “Skoy” refers to a teenage girl who likes ride on the back of a motorcycle with boys to race.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished