In Thailand, there’s no Jon Stewart — just ‘Shallow News in Depth’ – pri.org, March 17, 2014
…And the format helps government officials take the show less seriously. “The thing is that, if you are kind of like a cartoon character and you smile while you’re speaking and you just act silly, [critics] cut you a lot of slack,” Wongsurawat says.
She says that Shallow News in Depth has also been able to be more controversial because it is only online and not on TV.
“It’s amazing we’ve never really gotten into trouble,” Wongsurawat says…
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Beating Opponents
- Last minute wooing
- Napoleon pig… is in every era
- Fighting for seats
- Spreading the Photo
- The Bangkok bombs
- Principles distinguish a human from a cockroach
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019