In Thailand, there’s no Jon Stewart — just ‘Shallow News in Depth’ – pri.org, March 17, 2014
…And the format helps government officials take the show less seriously. “The thing is that, if you are kind of like a cartoon character and you smile while you’re speaking and you just act silly, [critics] cut you a lot of slack,” Wongsurawat says.
She says that Shallow News in Depth has also been able to be more controversial because it is only online and not on TV.
“It’s amazing we’ve never really gotten into trouble,” Wongsurawat says…
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying