In Thailand, there’s no Jon Stewart — just ‘Shallow News in Depth’ – pri.org, March 17, 2014
…And the format helps government officials take the show less seriously. “The thing is that, if you are kind of like a cartoon character and you smile while you’re speaking and you just act silly, [critics] cut you a lot of slack,” Wongsurawat says.
She says that Shallow News in Depth has also been able to be more controversial because it is only online and not on TV.
“It’s amazing we’ve never really gotten into trouble,” Wongsurawat says…
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs
- Price for the whole group of cobra politicians
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- They did not violate the law
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Songkran alcohol warning