Ikea Ad Outrages Trans Community In Thailand – queerty.com, January 22, 2013
…An ad tagged “Forget to Deceive” aired in late December and January and depicts a young woman so surprised by a bargain that she speaks in a deep male voice (the suggestion being that she’s trans or in drag). The woman’s male companion looks aghast and runs away, as she is left to schlep a heavy box of flat-packed furniture.
The Thai Transgender Alliance sent an open letter to the Swedish retailer, complaining that “the transgender content of the advertisement is negative and stereotypical in nature, perpetuating misunderstanding transgenderism as human sexuality for ‘deceitful and deviant lifestyle…’”
- Animated videos lauding Thaksin–He always “defies his fate”
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- Catching the Red Shirt gunmen
- Gen. Prayuth Army Sticker app
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand Tax Refund Claims – 10 Truths to Share with Foreigners
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Koh Larn vendors force tourists off beach who won’t rent umbrellas from them
- The very bizarre case of Dr Thaksin Shinawatra