Ikea Ad Outrages Trans Community In Thailand – queerty.com, January 22, 2013
…An ad tagged “Forget to Deceive” aired in late December and January and depicts a young woman so surprised by a bargain that she speaks in a deep male voice (the suggestion being that she’s trans or in drag). The woman’s male companion looks aghast and runs away, as she is left to schlep a heavy box of flat-packed furniture.
The Thai Transgender Alliance sent an open letter to the Swedish retailer, complaining that “the transgender content of the advertisement is negative and stereotypical in nature, perpetuating misunderstanding transgenderism as human sexuality for ‘deceitful and deviant lifestyle…’”
- Disappearing article on lese majeste
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thaksin’s public beatings
- Gen. Prayuth could dismiss PM Prayuth?
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thaksin – The Business of Politics in Thailand
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Why foreigners criticize Thai people who speak “Siamese Talk”
- Anonymous Posters at Thammasat University
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Bangkok Trams (1894-1968) Main Page