Ikea Ad Outrages Trans Community In Thailand – queerty.com, January 22, 2013
…An ad tagged “Forget to Deceive” aired in late December and January and depicts a young woman so surprised by a bargain that she speaks in a deep male voice (the suggestion being that she’s trans or in drag). The woman’s male companion looks aghast and runs away, as she is left to schlep a heavy box of flat-packed furniture.
The Thai Transgender Alliance sent an open letter to the Swedish retailer, complaining that “the transgender content of the advertisement is negative and stereotypical in nature, perpetuating misunderstanding transgenderism as human sexuality for ‘deceitful and deviant lifestyle…’”
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Traffic Jams in Laos
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Nana Intersection in the Past
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?