From Thairath, January 25, 2013
U.S. President Barack Obama: I swear… and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra: I swear, to the best of my ability, that I will amend, cancel and destroy the constitution of this country.
[The government, as well as the Red Shirts, have repeatedly vowed to rewrite the constitution to eliminate checks on a sitting government’s powers.]
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament