From Thairath, January 25, 2013
U.S. President Barack Obama: I swear… and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra: I swear, to the best of my ability, that I will amend, cancel and destroy the constitution of this country.
[The government, as well as the Red Shirts, have repeatedly vowed to rewrite the constitution to eliminate checks on a sitting government’s powers.]
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees