From Thairath, January 25, 2013
U.S. President Barack Obama: I swear… and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra: I swear, to the best of my ability, that I will amend, cancel and destroy the constitution of this country.
[The government, as well as the Red Shirts, have repeatedly vowed to rewrite the constitution to eliminate checks on a sitting government’s powers.]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- Not Richard Mille
- The military party deserves a head start