Thailand death of Middlesbrough urban explorer James Smith was accident, coroner rules – thenorthernecho.co.uk, November 13, 2012
…It is believed that James Smith, 30, from Marton, Middlesbrough, described by his father John as an “adrenaline junkie”, may have been climbing the Novotel hotel at Bangkok Airport when he fell five floors to his death in August 2010.
Mr Smith had scaled landmarks such as the Angel of the North, the Transporter Bridge and the Shard in London and explored the Paris Catacombs as part of his hobby…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished