From Thairath, by Sia, August 29, 2015
Title: How to make Thai people agree with the constitution
Left: The hand refers as NRC (National Reform Council) is trying to put the NCPO (National Council for Peace and Order) constitution into man’s mouth.
On the leg chains: NPCO [National Council for Peace and Order]
On handcuffs: Section 44 [part of the interim charter that gives the junta absolute power]
Mouse man: Doing it, even through they know it is a poison.
Mouse: Living a suffering life.
[This reflects the widespread belief that the approval of the junta’s initial draft charter was a foregone conclusion. However, in a shock move, the handpicked junta assembly voted down the draft which resulted in junta rule being extended for many more months.]
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Democrats shut out