From Thairath, by Sia, August 29, 2015
Title: How to make Thai people agree with the constitution
Left: The hand refers as NRC (National Reform Council) is trying to put the NCPO (National Council for Peace and Order) constitution into man’s mouth.
On the leg chains: NPCO [National Council for Peace and Order]
On handcuffs: Section 44 [part of the interim charter that gives the junta absolute power]
Mouse man: Doing it, even through they know it is a poison.
Mouse: Living a suffering life.
[This reflects the widespread belief that the approval of the junta’s initial draft charter was a foregone conclusion. However, in a shock move, the handpicked junta assembly voted down the draft which resulted in junta rule being extended for many more months.]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018