From Thairath, by Sia, August 29, 2015
Title: How to make Thai people agree with the constitution
Left: The hand refers as NRC (National Reform Council) is trying to put the NCPO (National Council for Peace and Order) constitution into man’s mouth.
On the leg chains: NPCO [National Council for Peace and Order]
On handcuffs: Section 44 [part of the interim charter that gives the junta absolute power]
Mouse man: Doing it, even through they know it is a poison.
Mouse: Living a suffering life.
[This reflects the widespread belief that the approval of the junta’s initial draft charter was a foregone conclusion. However, in a shock move, the handpicked junta assembly voted down the draft which resulted in junta rule being extended for many more months.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work