From Thairath, by Sia, August 29, 2015
Title: How to make Thai people agree with the constitution
Left: The hand refers as NRC (National Reform Council) is trying to put the NCPO (National Council for Peace and Order) constitution into man’s mouth.
On the leg chains: NPCO [National Council for Peace and Order]
On handcuffs: Section 44 [part of the interim charter that gives the junta absolute power]
Mouse man: Doing it, even through they know it is a poison.
Mouse: Living a suffering life.
[This reflects the widespread belief that the approval of the junta’s initial draft charter was a foregone conclusion. However, in a shock move, the handpicked junta assembly voted down the draft which resulted in junta rule being extended for many more months.]
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017