Hopewell’s pillars ousted by Red Line – Bangkok Post, February 1, 2013
…Withawat Khunapongsiri, ITD’s Red Line director, said 90% of the pillars would be demolished. The pillars slated for demolition were not strong enough to be used in the project or they would cause obstructions, he said.
The Red Line’s 21km-long Bang Sue-Rangsit section is planned along Bangkok’s northbound railway tracks, which is where the Hopewell project had also been planned.
More than 900 structures, including houses, garages, warehouses and shops, will be demolished over the next 30-45 days to make way for the route…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Your behavior is worse than interference
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight