Hopewell’s pillars ousted by Red Line – Bangkok Post, February 1, 2013
…Withawat Khunapongsiri, ITD’s Red Line director, said 90% of the pillars would be demolished. The pillars slated for demolition were not strong enough to be used in the project or they would cause obstructions, he said.
The Red Line’s 21km-long Bang Sue-Rangsit section is planned along Bangkok’s northbound railway tracks, which is where the Hopewell project had also been planned.
More than 900 structures, including houses, garages, warehouses and shops, will be demolished over the next 30-45 days to make way for the route…
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Sorry for using excessive force
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in