Hopewell’s pillars ousted by Red Line – Bangkok Post, February 1, 2013
…Withawat Khunapongsiri, ITD’s Red Line director, said 90% of the pillars would be demolished. The pillars slated for demolition were not strong enough to be used in the project or they would cause obstructions, he said.
The Red Line’s 21km-long Bang Sue-Rangsit section is planned along Bangkok’s northbound railway tracks, which is where the Hopewell project had also been planned.
More than 900 structures, including houses, garages, warehouses and shops, will be demolished over the next 30-45 days to make way for the route…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- The rich man is not full yet
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die