Hopewell’s pillars ousted by Red Line – Bangkok Post, February 1, 2013
…Withawat Khunapongsiri, ITD’s Red Line director, said 90% of the pillars would be demolished. The pillars slated for demolition were not strong enough to be used in the project or they would cause obstructions, he said.
The Red Line’s 21km-long Bang Sue-Rangsit section is planned along Bangkok’s northbound railway tracks, which is where the Hopewell project had also been planned.
More than 900 structures, including houses, garages, warehouses and shops, will be demolished over the next 30-45 days to make way for the route…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow