From Thairath, April 17, 2014
Cartoon title: Hitting your own head for now!
The giant’s face is Somchai Srisuthiyakorn, an Election Commissioner.
On the giant’s baton: EC [Election Commission]
Above the baton: Perform its duty [meaning that the giant is punishing itself for taking sides with the anti-government movement]
On the shirt of the man: The people
The man plays a Pi, a classical Thai woodwind. The music coming from the flute reads: Carry out the election; don’t serve the PDRC; don’t breach the constitution; stop bringing good things to itself while pushing bad things to the government.
Woman sitting beside the man is the caretaker premier Yingluck Shinawatra.
Phi Nooring: Playing tough on FB [Facebook]
Mouse: The Giant taking sides
[The cartoon adapted the theme of a Thai literature entitled ‘Phra Apai Manee’, who killed a giant by playing a Pi and causing the giant to hurt itself.
The cartoon refers to the government position that the Election Commission is needlessly going slow on calling for another election in an attempt to harm the government.]
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison