From Thairath, April 17, 2014
Cartoon title: Hitting your own head for now!
The giant’s face is Somchai Srisuthiyakorn, an Election Commissioner.
On the giant’s baton: EC [Election Commission]
Above the baton: Perform its duty [meaning that the giant is punishing itself for taking sides with the anti-government movement]
On the shirt of the man: The people
The man plays a Pi, a classical Thai woodwind. The music coming from the flute reads: Carry out the election; don’t serve the PDRC; don’t breach the constitution; stop bringing good things to itself while pushing bad things to the government.
Woman sitting beside the man is the caretaker premier Yingluck Shinawatra.
Phi Nooring: Playing tough on FB [Facebook]
Mouse: The Giant taking sides
[The cartoon adapted the theme of a Thai literature entitled ‘Phra Apai Manee’, who killed a giant by playing a Pi and causing the giant to hurt itself.
The cartoon refers to the government position that the Election Commission is needlessly going slow on calling for another election in an attempt to harm the government.]
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way