From Manager, May 7, 2019
Left: Three days admiring heaven.
Right: It’s time to come back to watch the hell.
[The cartoonist (who presents himself and another cartoonist in caricature in the left panel) contrasts the orderly pageantry of the 3-day royal coronation with the ongoing political battle to form the next government in the right panel.
This demonstrates a common Thai conception that tends to denigrate democracy as an untoward process dominated by venal people who are only acting for their vested interests.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military