Heartache of Khmer Rouge forced marriage victims – AFP, March 24, 2011
…Unlike forced marriages in Rwanda, Sierra Leone or Uganda — where husbands were often the perpetrators — Cambodian men were themselves victims, according to Natalae Anderson, a researcher at Rutgers University in New Jersey.
“Forced marriage in the Cambodian context is unique when compared to incidences of forced marriage in other countries,” she wrote last year in a paper for the Documentation Centre of Cambodia, which collects evidence of Khmer Rouge atrocities…
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election posters: Transparent democracy
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear