From Arun, December 5, 2019
Caption: He is cutting the tiger’s tail.
On chopping board: The budget of the Ministry of Defense.
[As Thanathorn and his party are beset by legal challenges, he is hitting back with attack after attack on the Thai army’s longstanding privileges. Here it shows him raising questions about the military’s budget and particularly the “black” portions and what is off the books entirely. Political parties have typically attempted to cultivate good relations with the military as the army has essential veto power over governments by way of coups. Thanathorn may feel he has nothing to lose as he raises issue after issue to needle the government and its military leaders.]
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?