From Arun, December 5, 2019
Caption: He is cutting the tiger’s tail.
On chopping board: The budget of the Ministry of Defense.
[As Thanathorn and his party are beset by legal challenges, he is hitting back with attack after attack on the Thai army’s longstanding privileges. Here it shows him raising questions about the military’s budget and particularly the “black” portions and what is off the books entirely. Political parties have typically attempted to cultivate good relations with the military as the army has essential veto power over governments by way of coups. Thanathorn may feel he has nothing to lose as he raises issue after issue to needle the government and its military leaders.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out