Politics obstructing peace – The Star, April 7, 2013
…Then, in the midst of preparatory bilateral meetings, without being asked, the Thai side let it be known that it “would not rule out” a role for Thaksin Shinawatra, Yingluck’s brother and deposed former prime minister.
Either Yingluck’s government had decided to appoint Thaksin as its representative, or he had volunteered for the role. Experience suggests the latter, plus the whole initiative having secretly originated with him.
That just about sums up the meagre prospects of any real peace…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit