Politics obstructing peace – The Star, April 7, 2013
…Then, in the midst of preparatory bilateral meetings, without being asked, the Thai side let it be known that it “would not rule out” a role for Thaksin Shinawatra, Yingluck’s brother and deposed former prime minister.
Either Yingluck’s government had decided to appoint Thaksin as its representative, or he had volunteered for the role. Experience suggests the latter, plus the whole initiative having secretly originated with him.
That just about sums up the meagre prospects of any real peace…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Thanks for the hug, Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?