Govt warns of tough action if protests escalate irrationally – MCOT, November 9, 2013
…Dragging the conflict until next Monday would cause damages to the country, said Mr Suranand who brushed aside the possibility of dispatching military forces to deal with demonstrators.
Regarding an announcement by Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban to set up a people’s tribunal to resolve the amnesty controversy, Mr Suranand said it was inappropriate to raise the idea of a kangaroo court when all parties concerned should follow the legal procedure.
He said he believed a rally by Red Shirt demonstrators in Bangkok on Sunday will be organised peacefully.
Those who successively hold undemocratic activities or attempt to topple the government will face tough action, he warned…
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying
- Election posters: Choose a professional executive
- Weekly News Magazines: Dissolution fears, March, 2019