Govt warns of tough action if protests escalate irrationally – MCOT, November 9, 2013
…Dragging the conflict until next Monday would cause damages to the country, said Mr Suranand who brushed aside the possibility of dispatching military forces to deal with demonstrators.
Regarding an announcement by Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban to set up a people’s tribunal to resolve the amnesty controversy, Mr Suranand said it was inappropriate to raise the idea of a kangaroo court when all parties concerned should follow the legal procedure.
He said he believed a rally by Red Shirt demonstrators in Bangkok on Sunday will be organised peacefully.
Those who successively hold undemocratic activities or attempt to topple the government will face tough action, he warned…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party