From Thairath, July 19, 2013
Left: Good news and bad news. Good news is that the government’s going to open a hotline–1569–to encourage tips on the whereabouts of rotten rice.
Middle: And what is the bad news?
Right: The government will sue those whoever tips it off on the rotten rice for undermining Thai rice.
[Refers to government attacks on bureaucrats who dared to warn about graft and waste in the rice pledging program.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally