From Arun, September 29, 2017
Title: Good life…
On the blue suit: Exports rise at the highest rate in 6 years. The WEF [World Economic Forum] was up to two rankings. The GDP of the 2nd quarter grows 3.7%, etc.
On the black circle: Glass roots
[The junta has claimed that they helped to improve the country’s economy, related to several factors. However, the cartoonist points out that the living conditions of the poor still needs to be improved and implies that the junta’s policy provides benefit to business (represented by the fat man in a suit) rather than the poor.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?