Reading ‘Gone with the Wind’ in Pyongyang – AP, October 25, 2012
…What does antebellum plantation life have to do with North Korea, where three generations of rulers—grandfather, father and now the young son, Kim Jong Un—have been worshipped as omniscient? What appeal does Scarlett O’Hara’s high-society ruthlessness hold for people only a few years past a horrific famine?…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- Weekly News Magazines: New army chief, September, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Politicians need to poo
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand