From Thairath, June 29, 2017
Left: No matter how we write the new constitution the politicians still prefer the old one which they are familiar with.
Middle: So, we’d better write it like the old one.
Foreigner: Which old one?
Right: The one for temporary use and later the military tears it up.
[Refers to Thai constitution and coups. Frequently, after a coup, they will write a temporary charter with powers to create legitimacy for themselves and their actions.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting