From Arun, March 26, 2015
Title: German model, Solution to the Thai election system
[Refers to the explanation from the Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) that they are studying the German constitution for an example for the new Thai system. This system favors smaller parties and prevents a single party from exercising complete control. The junta is thought to be favoring this system to prevent another Thaksin-directed party from winning a majority and pushing fro amnesty again.
The cartoonist, using a play on the American Standard urinals often seen in Thailand, contends that the German-style constitution may not suitable for Thailand.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally