The sign reads: Greenpeace – Don’t let nuclear accidents keep happening. Fukushima – The Next One is Your Responsibility
The playground of Watari School and many areas in Fukushima are contaminated with radioactivity that exceeds the safety level, especially for children. The government has dug up the topsoil of this playground to reduce the amount of radioactive contamination. Although the level of radioactivity here is lower now, areas close by are still found to be contaminated.
The radioactive level is twice the normal level of the Fukushima nuclear power plants before the disaster, the normal level being 0.08 micro Sievert per hour.
[One of a series of signs in the Silom area to warn Thais from pursuing nuclear energy.]
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit
- Red Shirt and Black Panther