This image, circulated on social media, ridicules literal translation from English that are funny.
For example the word “repeat” is translated as “to redo…slow down.” “Hold duration” is translated as “undone period.”
Such translations are common in Thai-language software. Typically the Thai reader can understand the actual meaning from the context and simply ignores the odd translation.
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too