This image, circulated on social media, ridicules literal translation from English that are funny.
For example the word “repeat” is translated as “to redo…slow down.” “Hold duration” is translated as “undone period.”
Such translations are common in Thai-language software. Typically the Thai reader can understand the actual meaning from the context and simply ignores the odd translation.
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- China supports the junta?
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people
- Pheu Thai’s heart
- Weekly News Magazines: Election Delay, January, 2019
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- Politicians can’t wait to help people
- Thaksin can no longer sue