Fugitive ex-leader Thaksin dominates Thai election – AFP, June 29, 2011
With his vast riches and family ties, fugitive former Thai leader Thaksin Shinawatra may be on the verge of a remarkable comeback, despite being convicted of graft and wanted on terrorism charges.
But if his opposition Pheu Thai Party wins this weekend’s election, as polls suggest is likely, the controversial ex-premier will have to savour victory from afar…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey