Former Thai PM Thaksin Meets Min Aung Hlaing in Burma – The Irrawaddy, April 18, 2013
…A Bangkok-based British journalist, Larry Jagan, said he had learned that Thaksin had purchased property in Maymyo. Jagan said he believed that Thaksin also met with Burma’s former dictator, Than Shwe, during his trip to the country.
“I understand he [Thaksin] bought property there [in Myamyo] to have a house there. I also believe that he met Than Shwe when he was there [in Burma]. But I’m not sure whether he met Than Shwe in Maymyo or Naypyidaw,” said Jagan, who has covered Burma for years.
Thaksin already holds property in Dawei, the southernmost town in Tenasserim Division, where a special economic zone is planned and the multimillion-dollar Dawei deep-sea port project is under construction.
The former Thai premier has been spotted in Burma several times since 2011, with little explanation as to the reason for his visits.
A Thai observer told The Irrawaddy that she did not know of the reason for Thaksin’s latest trip, but said the ousted Thai premier has oil and gas interests in Burma…
- Sudarat is finished
- Weekly News Magazines: End Game, March, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: Mouse Over Lion, March-April, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: What Happened to Joke, April, 2019
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Instruct for hatred
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs