From Thairath, May 22, 2014
Left, Soldier: Military must take control of the situation before the government appoints a foreigner as non-elected prime minister.
Middle, Man: How come?
Middle, soldier: Kittirat is making the economy plummet… [Kittirat refers to Kittirat Na Ranong, the caretaker finance minister.]
Right, soldier: …and the IMF will have to take control.
[This joke refers to the 1997 economic crash that necessitated a bailout deal with the IMF. At the time the Thai Rak Thai Party made much of the idea that rule of Thailand had been turned over to foreigners at the IMF.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work