From Thairath, May 22, 2014
Left, Soldier: Military must take control of the situation before the government appoints a foreigner as non-elected prime minister.
Middle, Man: How come?
Middle, soldier: Kittirat is making the economy plummet… [Kittirat refers to Kittirat Na Ranong, the caretaker finance minister.]
Right, soldier: …and the IMF will have to take control.
[This joke refers to the 1997 economic crash that necessitated a bailout deal with the IMF. At the time the Thai Rak Thai Party made much of the idea that rule of Thailand had been turned over to foreigners at the IMF.]
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?