From Thairath, May 22, 2014
Left, Soldier: Military must take control of the situation before the government appoints a foreigner as non-elected prime minister.
Middle, Man: How come?
Middle, soldier: Kittirat is making the economy plummet… [Kittirat refers to Kittirat Na Ranong, the caretaker finance minister.]
Right, soldier: …and the IMF will have to take control.
[This joke refers to the 1997 economic crash that necessitated a bailout deal with the IMF. At the time the Thai Rak Thai Party made much of the idea that rule of Thailand had been turned over to foreigners at the IMF.]
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees