From Thairath, May 22, 2014
Left, Soldier: Military must take control of the situation before the government appoints a foreigner as non-elected prime minister.
Middle, Man: How come?
Middle, soldier: Kittirat is making the economy plummet… [Kittirat refers to Kittirat Na Ranong, the caretaker finance minister.]
Right, soldier: …and the IMF will have to take control.
[This joke refers to the 1997 economic crash that necessitated a bailout deal with the IMF. At the time the Thai Rak Thai Party made much of the idea that rule of Thailand had been turned over to foreigners at the IMF.]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets