From ThaiRath, August 14, 2011
Cartoon says: With his sacred amulet, he’s not afraid of minefields. [This is new Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul. He’s wearing a necklace with an amulet showing Thaksin Shinawatra instead of a Buddha image. The words on his back says “Foreign affairs.”]
Behind Surapong is former Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya, wearing a headband that says “Shadow minister” and holding a sign that says “Good food, great music.” [This refers to Kasit’s infamous quote that being with the PAD besieging the airport in 2008 was fun and that “the food was excellent, the music was excellent.”]
The mines in front of Surapong are labeled: PAD [People’s Alliance for Democracy], People, Poll, Opposition, Faith, Media, Government Officials
Sign next to Preah Vihear: Turn battlefields to trading fields [Surapong is apparently using the discredited bomb detection devices supplied to the military.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions