Tuk-tuk, jet-ski, taxi scams: Ambassadors name the bane of Phuket – phuketgazette.net, January 8, 2013
…Speaking with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut at Provincial Hall this afternoon, ambassadors Mark Kent of the UK, Philip Calvert of Canada and Joan Boer of the Netherlands focused on why tuk-tuk and taxi drivers are continuing to charge tourists in Phuket higher fares than are charged elsewhere in the country.
They also asked why metered taxis are not as common in Phuket as they are in other major tourist destinations across Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists