Tuk-tuk, jet-ski, taxi scams: Ambassadors name the bane of Phuket – phuketgazette.net, January 8, 2013
…Speaking with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut at Provincial Hall this afternoon, ambassadors Mark Kent of the UK, Philip Calvert of Canada and Joan Boer of the Netherlands focused on why tuk-tuk and taxi drivers are continuing to charge tourists in Phuket higher fares than are charged elsewhere in the country.
They also asked why metered taxis are not as common in Phuket as they are in other major tourist destinations across Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai…
- Constitution Day
- The King’s Birthday
- Eight Years Ago: Airport Seized
- 7 years ago: Thaksin to receive $425 per month as Hun Sen advisor
- The real reason people are poor
- The U.S. supports IS
- Handouts to rural people end up helping who?
- Death by Facebook
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time