Tuk-tuk, jet-ski, taxi scams: Ambassadors name the bane of Phuket – phuketgazette.net, January 8, 2013
…Speaking with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut at Provincial Hall this afternoon, ambassadors Mark Kent of the UK, Philip Calvert of Canada and Joan Boer of the Netherlands focused on why tuk-tuk and taxi drivers are continuing to charge tourists in Phuket higher fares than are charged elsewhere in the country.
They also asked why metered taxis are not as common in Phuket as they are in other major tourist destinations across Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai…
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Ten Years Ago: The gangs that control motorcycle taxis
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- The Hopewell Project
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later