Tuk-tuk, jet-ski, taxi scams: Ambassadors name the bane of Phuket – phuketgazette.net, January 8, 2013
…Speaking with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut at Provincial Hall this afternoon, ambassadors Mark Kent of the UK, Philip Calvert of Canada and Joan Boer of the Netherlands focused on why tuk-tuk and taxi drivers are continuing to charge tourists in Phuket higher fares than are charged elsewhere in the country.
They also asked why metered taxis are not as common in Phuket as they are in other major tourist destinations across Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai…
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- The 2006 Coup in Thailand
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam