Tuk-tuk, jet-ski, taxi scams: Ambassadors name the bane of Phuket – phuketgazette.net, January 8, 2013
…Speaking with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut at Provincial Hall this afternoon, ambassadors Mark Kent of the UK, Philip Calvert of Canada and Joan Boer of the Netherlands focused on why tuk-tuk and taxi drivers are continuing to charge tourists in Phuket higher fares than are charged elsewhere in the country.
They also asked why metered taxis are not as common in Phuket as they are in other major tourist destinations across Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai…
- 8 Years Ago: Has Thaksin really quit politics?
- 12 Years Ago: Purachai book ‘outrages’ TRT faithful
- 12 Years Ago: Thai Rak Thai vows 2004 is a “golden year” for Thailand to move up on par with Singapore, Korea and Taiwan
- 10 Years Ago: As TRT falters, Chalerm sees an opportunity
- Betrayal Pig
- Coconut Shell Land
- New York Times retracts claims about crime wave in Thailand
- Roasted Pork Democrat Party
- Perspective of Escaping
- How to hide Rajabhkti Park? Editorial cartoons from Thai newspapers
- Three options after the election in 2017