Tuk-tuk, jet-ski, taxi scams: Ambassadors name the bane of Phuket – phuketgazette.net, January 8, 2013
…Speaking with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut at Provincial Hall this afternoon, ambassadors Mark Kent of the UK, Philip Calvert of Canada and Joan Boer of the Netherlands focused on why tuk-tuk and taxi drivers are continuing to charge tourists in Phuket higher fares than are charged elsewhere in the country.
They also asked why metered taxis are not as common in Phuket as they are in other major tourist destinations across Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai…
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- 1932: “Siamese skyline”
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- The execution of the Mekong River pirate: What really happened between Chinese & Thai authorities?