Tuk-tuk, jet-ski, taxi scams: Ambassadors name the bane of Phuket – phuketgazette.net, January 8, 2013
…Speaking with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut at Provincial Hall this afternoon, ambassadors Mark Kent of the UK, Philip Calvert of Canada and Joan Boer of the Netherlands focused on why tuk-tuk and taxi drivers are continuing to charge tourists in Phuket higher fares than are charged elsewhere in the country.
They also asked why metered taxis are not as common in Phuket as they are in other major tourist destinations across Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai…
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand's flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Thai Govt should cease pressuring the Central Bank – Rate cuts "futile and misguided"
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- Thaksin's "Electric Pole" Candidate Laid to Rest