Tuk-tuk, jet-ski, taxi scams: Ambassadors name the bane of Phuket – phuketgazette.net, January 8, 2013
…Speaking with Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut at Provincial Hall this afternoon, ambassadors Mark Kent of the UK, Philip Calvert of Canada and Joan Boer of the Netherlands focused on why tuk-tuk and taxi drivers are continuing to charge tourists in Phuket higher fares than are charged elsewhere in the country.
They also asked why metered taxis are not as common in Phuket as they are in other major tourist destinations across Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai…
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Offloading Subway Coaches
- Thailand Tax Refund Claims – 10 Truths to Share with Foreigners
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- End of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- Bangkok Mass Transit of the Future 2005
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Thaksin hits his political mentor with land encroachment charges