Floods Give Thai Military a Chance to Launch Charm Offensive – NYT, November 15, 2011
…“We cannot be a conventional military like the United States,” Boonsrang Niumpradit, a retired general, said in an interview earlier this year. Thailand’s democracy is weak and occasionally needs propping up, he said. “We need to take care of weak spots,” he said…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?