Floods Give Thai Military a Chance to Launch Charm Offensive – NYT, November 15, 2011
…“We cannot be a conventional military like the United States,” Boonsrang Niumpradit, a retired general, said in an interview earlier this year. Thailand’s democracy is weak and occasionally needs propping up, he said. “We need to take care of weak spots,” he said…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting