Floods Give Thai Military a Chance to Launch Charm Offensive – NYT, November 15, 2011
…“We cannot be a conventional military like the United States,” Boonsrang Niumpradit, a retired general, said in an interview earlier this year. Thailand’s democracy is weak and occasionally needs propping up, he said. “We need to take care of weak spots,” he said…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Who is the catfish?
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police