Fighting Cervical Cancer With Vinegar and Ingenuity – NYT, September 26, 2011
…Nurses using the new procedure, developed by experts at the Johns Hopkins medical school in the 1990s and endorsed last year by the World Health Organization, brush vinegar on a woman’s cervix. It makes precancerous spots turn white. They can then be immediately frozen off with a metal probe cooled by a tank of carbon dioxide, available from any Coca-Cola bottling plant…
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- Nana Intersection in the Past
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter