Reluctance to join single-visa scheme could prove to be costly – The Nation, September 25, 2012
…In July, the CLMV Single Visa was launched by Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.
…Thanate Vorasaran, vice president of the Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT), said yesterday that Thailand was left out because of its stance on issuing visas.
The government, after years of negotiation, refused to join the agreement, saying it already permitted visitors from up to 45 nations to enter without a visa.
Thailand also signed a deal with Cambodia in 2007 for a single-visa scheme, but it is not yet activated…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Thanks for the hug, Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?