Facebook wedding – January 8, 2011
A reader reports about the Bangkok wedding of Christopher Cox and Visra Vichit-Vadakan: …her mother is now a public-health prof at Thammasat… Visra was born in California and actually counts English as her first language… Nuntavarn (her mother) used to say how much her daughter hated the Thai school system.
Mark Zuckerberg is here for the wedding. The bride’s father is a high-up official at Loxley, just down the street from the Bangkok Post. Earlier this week, before I even heard of the wedding, there was a heavy police presence outside the Loxley Building as I walked past it, and I wonder now if it had anything to do with the wedding or Zuckerberg…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- Weekly News Magazines: New army chief, September, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Politicians need to poo
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand