Exotic Thailand lures foreign filmmakers – aljazeera.com, August 22, 2012
…Thailand’s film industry is in the midst of a boom. With the lure of high production values, skilled crew, beautiful locations, and low costs, Bangkok is blossoming into an outsourcing hub for foreign filmmakers – it is fast becoming to movie production what India’s Bangalore is to call centres.
A staggering total of 578 foreign productions – movies, TV shows, advertisements, documentaries – were shot in Thailand in 2010 according to the Thailand Film Office, raking in more than $59m for a nation that is still considered a developing country. This amount has almost been surpassed within the first half of this year…
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- Asylum for a rhino
- The Democrats join in the burning
- 21 Years Ago: Newin’s canvassers caught red handed in vote buying
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017