Exotic Thailand lures foreign filmmakers – aljazeera.com, August 22, 2012
…Thailand’s film industry is in the midst of a boom. With the lure of high production values, skilled crew, beautiful locations, and low costs, Bangkok is blossoming into an outsourcing hub for foreign filmmakers – it is fast becoming to movie production what India’s Bangalore is to call centres.
A staggering total of 578 foreign productions – movies, TV shows, advertisements, documentaries – were shot in Thailand in 2010 according to the Thailand Film Office, raking in more than $59m for a nation that is still considered a developing country. This amount has almost been surpassed within the first half of this year…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Democrats shut out