Exotic Thailand lures foreign filmmakers – aljazeera.com, August 22, 2012
…Thailand’s film industry is in the midst of a boom. With the lure of high production values, skilled crew, beautiful locations, and low costs, Bangkok is blossoming into an outsourcing hub for foreign filmmakers – it is fast becoming to movie production what India’s Bangalore is to call centres.
A staggering total of 578 foreign productions – movies, TV shows, advertisements, documentaries – were shot in Thailand in 2010 according to the Thailand Film Office, raking in more than $59m for a nation that is still considered a developing country. This amount has almost been surpassed within the first half of this year…
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017