Pepsi suddenly scarce in Thailand after bottler breakup – Reuters, February 23, 2013
…The two companies had a non-compete clause that expired when their contract ended on November 1. Pepsi has similar non-compete clauses with bottlers in other markets such as China, but the decision backfired in Thailand.
The following day, est hit the market, costing about the same as Pepsi and sold in the same bottles, with a red, white and blue logo reminiscent of Pepsi’s. Pepsi declined to comment on whether it was pursuing any trademark violation claim…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- Don’t “reform” the police
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- Time to Wake Up Thaksin: Weekly News Magazines, June, 2017