Pepsi suddenly scarce in Thailand after bottler breakup – Reuters, February 23, 2013
…The two companies had a non-compete clause that expired when their contract ended on November 1. Pepsi has similar non-compete clauses with bottlers in other markets such as China, but the decision backfired in Thailand.
The following day, est hit the market, costing about the same as Pepsi and sold in the same bottles, with a red, white and blue logo reminiscent of Pepsi’s. Pepsi declined to comment on whether it was pursuing any trademark violation claim…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Jatuporn’s back
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred