From Matichon Weekly, April 5-11, 2019
EC member: Dye in black promptly
On his suite: EC
[We do not quite get the joke of this cartoon, but include it as it utilizes some elements of traditional Thai culture that are slowly fading away.
The cartoon relates to the Election Commission’s controversial performance in the recent election. In the cartoon, the EC official is acting as a mobile dyeing vendor with a heated bucket of dye on the left and a ballot box on the right. He attracts attention to his services with a small handheld drum.
We guess that he is offering to dye ballots black meaning that there are allegations that the EC is rigging ballots in favor of the junta.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Thanathorn must learn from Thaksin
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell