Eight Years Ago Today: Rise of the Casinos in Cambodia
…”PBL is expected to be well positioned for any change as Mr Packer already knows Mr Shinawatra – a popular leader who made his fortune building a telecommunications empire before entering politics.
“…PBL has an Asian gaming joint venture with Melco International Development, a company chaired by Macau’s former gambling monopolist, Stanley Ho, through which they are committed to pursuing further Asian gaming opportunities”…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally