Dunkin’ Donuts Thailand under fire for ‘racist’ ad campaign – LA Times, August 30, 2013
A human rights group on Friday criticized a Dunkin’ Donuts advertising campaign running in Thailand that features a model whose face is painted black to sell a chocolate doughnut.
Dunkin’ Donuts Thailand recently started running ads for its “Charcoal Donut,” which features a model wearing blackface makeup and bright pink lipstick and holding up a bitten doughnut. The translated Thai slogan reads: “Break every rule of deliciousness…”
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament
- New Year’s Cartoons: It Will Continue