The Failure of Justice for Somchai Neelaphaijit – AHRC, January 12, 2014
…The Asian Human Rights Commission is concerned that a decision to end the investigation will result not in simply another deferral of justice in this case, but will make it impossible. In the nearly ten years since Somchai was assaulted and abducted from his car on 12 March 2004, none of the perpetrators have been held to account. The DSI has often seemed to actively obstruct the struggle for justice in this case. This has included the mishandling of evidence, a lack of interest in pursuing the investigation, and the failure to provide proper witness protection to Angkhana Neelaphaijit, Somchai’s wife…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta